- Effective publicists need to know three things.
1. Know journalistic news values
2. Know where to find news and know the point of view that journalist/public would be interested in.
3. Must be problem solvers
- Pseudoevent- covering an event for the only purpose to generate press coverage.
- Conducting a credible survey
-Release data quickly
– Choose exciting and interesting topic
– Use key press contacts to get an early peek into the survey
– Release all results
This information is from Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques