Chapter 9 notes from Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques
- Radio News Releases (RNR)– Either 30 or 60 seconds long
- Audio News Releases (ANR)– 60 seconds, this includes 20 seconds of soundbite. -Very economical and effective.
- Public Service Announcements (PSA)– PSA’s are unpaid service announcement that promotes government or nonprofit agencies that serves the public interest. -Can be 60, 30, 20, 15, or 10 seconds long.
- Radio Media Tours (RMT)– One on one interviews. -One central location. -Low in cost.
- Video News Releases (VNR)– 90-second news report. -Extra soundbites and B-roll. -Script, spokespeople information, media contacts, and story background. -Expensive!
- Satellite Media Tours (SMT)– One on one interviews. -Fixed locations via satellite. -TV journalists and talk show hosts.
- Product placement– also called plugs are brands that are used in TV shows and movies to promote the company’s products and services.
- Issue placement– when an important or current issue is written into a TV show’s script.