Chapter 11 notes from Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques
- Media Relations is very important in PR.
- 50% of stories that are in the newspaper come from news releases.
- Old time journalists call public relations people “flacks” a derogatory term for press agent.
- Fortune 500 companies complain that journalists cover the subject bias or do not have all the background information.
- Because their will always be friction between journalists and public relations doesn’t mean the two cannot have a working relationship. Mutual respect of each others work can lead to a happy relationship.